After School Y Club
Online registration for our Y Club program is now open. Space is limited and will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Y Club is our after school care program, which provides a safe and nurturing environment for your children to learn, grow, and develop social skills. Our qualified, trained staff engages youth in active and purposeful play in a way that encourages them to exercise their bodies and their minds. With Y Club after school care, children in kindergarten through 12 years of age will enjoy benefits as outlined in the daily schedule below:
Y CLUB SCHEDULE
- 3:00 PM – Arrival/Free Play/Physical Exercise Activity – New in 2016, the Y Club will be held at Truman Elementary school. Kids at Bryan school will ride the Dinosaur bus and Benton kids will ride the Anchor bus to Truman. Youth are provided an opportunity to burn off excess energy with at least 30 minutes of physical fitness activity daily.
- 3:30 PM – Healthy Snacks – Each attendee is provided with an opportunity to enjoy a healthy snack.
- 4:00 PM – Homework Assistance – Enhances and supports school day learning while providing youth with homework support.
- 4:30 PM – Interest Centers/Group Activity – Youth make meaningful and intentional choices with hands on activities focusing on arts and humanities, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), physical education.
- 5:30 PM – Pick Up/End of Day – Participants help clean up activities before pick up. Pick up time is 5:30 p.m.